Recipe : Anmitsu
In this recipe video, I will show you how to make Anmitsu, Japanese-style parfait. During the “Tokyo Vlog : Asagaya pearl center shopping street ” video, I tasted Anmitsu and viewers are interested in this Japanese sweets. That’s why I decided to film this recipe video. Don’t forget to check out cooking tips that I recommended. Enjoy this recipe video and give it a try!
Ingredients (4 servings):
4g Agar agar powder
50g Shiratama-ko *glutinous rice flour
Red bean paste, as needed [Recipe]
Matcha ice cream, as needed [Recipe]
Any fruits, as needed
(Banana, Kiwi, Pineapple, Peach, Orange, Red cherry etc)
Boiled red endomame peas, as needed
Kuromitsu, as needed
Agar agar jelly (Kanten):
1. Pour water in a pot and add agar agar powder. Lightly stir.
2. Heat the pot with medium flame. Stir the mixture occasionally.
3. Once it starts to boil, turn to low heat.
4. Simmer another 2 minutes to dissolve agar agar powder completely.
5. Add sugar and stir well to dissolve sugar.
6. Turn off the heat and move the mixture in a container.
7. Wait until room temperature. Then, move to the fridge to set.
8. Cut into small cubes when serving.
Mochi (Shiratama dango):
1. Put shiratama-ko in a bowl.
2. Add water and knead until it becomes same softness as your ear robe.
3. Make small balls and push the middle to make the hemoglobin shape.
3. Prepare boiling water and put mochi in it.
4. When all mochi float, wait another 3 minutes.
5. Take out all the mochi from the pot and shock in water with ice cubes.
1. Put cube size agar agar jelly in a serving dish.
2. Add mochi, red bean paste, variety of fruits and matcha ice cream at the end.
3. Drizzle the brown sugar syrup. Done!
1. Dissolve agar agar powder well till transparent color.
2. Knead the mochi until it becomes same softness as earlobe.
3. Make shallow spots on both side of each mochi.
4. Keep boiling extra 3 minutes after all mochi floated.
5. Decorate ice cream at the very end if do the photo shoot.
1. Are you looking for Japanese kitchenwares and cooking tools etc? Visit YJC store on Amazon!
2. Would you like to cook many more recipes? Download Free recipe app from here! “Recipe by YJC”