Matcha Ice Cream
One thing I look forward to in the summer is making ice cream. This time, I introduce how to make ice cream using matcha green tea. My children are not fond of drinking matcha as it is, but when it comes to ice cream, it seems to be a different story, and I always worry that they eat too much. Please try making this matcha ice cream!
Ingredients (1 container)
200ml Fresh cream
2 Tbsp (30ml) Matcha powder
2 Tbsp (30ml) Hot water
1. In a small bowl, combine matcha powder, 1 tablespoon sugar, and hot water; mix well until smooth.
2. In a separate bowl, gradually add the egg and the other half of the sugar and mix until thickened, then add (1) and mix well.
3. In another bowl, combine the fresh cream and remaining sugar and mix until the mixture starts to form a smooth peaks.
4. Add the whip cream to (2) a little at a time and mix well to incorporate air.
5. pour into a freezer-safe container and freeze for 4 to 5 hours.
YUCa’s Tip :
1. Be careful not to over-stir when combining matcha mixture and whipped cream!
2. If you have more time, stir the whole mixture two or three times while it is frozen for an even smoother texture.
3. For toppings, I recommend Kuromitsu (Brown sugar syrup) and/or Kinako (Dried soybean flour).