Recipe : Japanese Pickles
In this recipe video, I will show you how to make Tsukemono (Japanese Pickles). This time,I’ll introduce three recipes of making easy and simple Japanese pickles for traditional breakfast. Don’t forget to check out cooking tips that I recommend. If you are interested in learning more about Japanese pickles, please read this page. Enjoy this recipe video and give it a try!
Ingredients (4 servings):
Daikon & Shiso pickles:
100g Daikon radish
4 leaves Shiso *Japanese basil
1 tsp (5g) Salt
Cucumber & Wasabi pickles:
4 tsp (20g) Sugar
1 tsp (5g) Salt
1 tsp (5g) Wasabi paste
Lotus root & Carrot pickles:
100g Lotus root
4 Tbsp (60ml) Rice vinegar
2 Tbsp (30g) Sugar
1 Tbsp (15ml) Water
1/2 tsp (2.5g) Salt
1 Red chili pepper
(Daikon & Shiso pickles)
1. Peel the daikon radish and thinly slice.
2. Take off the stem of shiso and roll it. Thinly slice.
3. Put daikon, shiso and salt in a plastic bag and close it.
4. Massage the bag and move to the fridge for 10 minutes. Done!
(Cucumber & Wasabi pickles)
1. Cut the stems of cucumber and cut into bite-size pieces.
2. Put cucumber, sugar, salt and wasabi paste in a plastic bag and close it.
3. Massage the bag and move to the fridge for 10 minutes. Done!
(Lotus root & Carrot pickles)
1. Peel the carrot and lotus root and thinly slice them.
2. Put lotus root and then carrot in a boiling water.
3. Mix rice vinegar, sugar, salt and water in a container to prepare the liquid for pickles.
4. Take out the lotus root and carrot from a boiling water and put in the container.
5. Sprinkle red chili pepper and move to the fridge for 1 hour. Done!
1. Don’t overboil the veggies to make chunky and crispy texture. (That’s all!)
About Japanese Pickles :