Recipe : Poterico
In this recipe video, I will show you how to make poterico. I did the live streaming at the Takeshita street in Harajuku. During the live streaming, I visit the Calbee+ that is a flagship store of Japanese snack company Calbee. In the store, I tasted their fresh product called Poterico. I promised to recreate this recipe so that everyone can cook and taste one of the popular Japanese snack at your home kitchen. Now, here you are!
Ingredients (2 portions):
2 kinds Cheese
Salt & Pepper, as needed
1 Tbsp (15ml) Potato starch
1 Tbsp (15ml) Canola oil
1 Tbsp (15ml) Milk
1/2 Tbsp (7.5ml) Japanese mayonnaise
1. Steam the potatoes with using microwave until it becomes soft.
2. Cut the cheese into small pieces.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients while mashing the potatoes. Mix everything until smooth.
4. Prepare the oven tray and place parchment paper on it.
5. Put mashed potato on a tray, fold the parchment paper and then flatten until 1 cm thick with using rolling pin. Then, move to the fridge and set for 20 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
7. Make the potato paste into stick sizes and all display on the oven tray.
8. Move to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Tip 1 : Wrap the potatoes in cellophane and heat in the microwave until tender.
Tip 2 : Use the parchment paper and fold it to flatten the potato paste.
Tip 3 : Use 2 to 3 kinds cheese to add more flavor.