YUCa Meets World : Chtit’ha Djedj from Algeria
Ingredients (2 servings):
200g Chicken thigh
3 Tbsp (45ml) Olive oil
Pinch of Salt
1 Tbsp (15ml) Garlic paste
1/2 Cup (100ml) Water
1 Tbsp (15ml) Paprika powder
1 tsp (5ml) Cayenne pepper
Salt & Pepper, as needed
1. Sprinkle salt over the chicken thigh and knead with fingers.
2. Pour olive oil in a pan and heat with medium heat.
3. Add garlic paste and then chicken thigh.
4. When chicken is cooked, add water and chick-pea.
5. Put Cayenne pepper and paprika powder. Season with salt and pepper as a final touch.
6. Put a lid and steam for 20 minutes with low flame. Enjoy!