Recipe : Yakisoba
Yakisoba (焼きそば) is a typical Japanese noodle dish widely enjoyed by people. As evidence of this, yakisoba can be purchased year-round in the prepared food sections of supermarkets and convenience stores. Especially in summer, when festivals are held all over the country, yakisoba stalls are set up along with various street foods, and you can taste freshly made yakisoba. In this issue, I will introduce a quick and easy yakisoba recipe.
Ingredients (2 servings):
2 Bags Steamed egg noodles
100g Sliced pork belly
2 Cabbage leaves
30g Japanese spring onion *Chinese chive is also OK!
¼ size Onion
1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
Few pinches of Dried shrimp
Few pinches of Aonori *green laver
2 Tbsp Worcester sauce
1/2 Tbsp Mirin
1/2 Tbsp Soy sauce
1/2 Tbsp Ketchup
1/2 Tbsp Sugar
1. Cut the sliced pork into bite-size pieces. Cut the cabbage leaves into bite-size pieces. Slice the Japanese spring onion diagonally. Cut Onion into 3cm wedges.
2. Put the steamed noodle on heated pan and pour water over it. Separate the noodle with using chopsticks and move aside.
3. Add the oil and put pork belly. When the pork is cooked, add the veggies and dried shrimp. Then, mix with noodles.
4. Put all the ingredients of Yakisoba sauce in a bowl and mix well. Then, sprinkle the yakisoba sauce over the mixture and stir.
5. Serve on the plate and garnish Aonori as a final touch.
Related Video :
This recipe was first submitted in Oct 11th, 2019 and resubmitted in Jul 11th, 2023 to reflect recipe revisions and additional photos.