Ingredients (About 1L):
1 cup (200ml) Japanese rice
200g Koji *Rice mold
3 cup (600ml) Water *For making rice porridge
1.5 cup (300ml) Water *For lower the temperature of rice porrigde
1. Wash the rice in plain water and transfer it to a rice cooker together with water and cook it.
2. Once the rice is done cooking, add another water and lower the temperature of the mixture of 60 ℃, which will allow the kome koji to become active.
3. Break up any lumps in the kome koji, add it to the rice and mix well.
4. Leave the lid of the rice cooker open and set the cooker to “warm”. Check the temperature of the mixture occasionally to keep it around 60℃. Stir occasionally and your Amazake will be done in 10 hours.
5. Once your Amazake is done, keep it in the refrigerator.
※Since Amazake should be good for a week, it can be frozen if you want to keep it longer.