In this recipe video, I will show you how to make “Vegan Nikujaga”. Nikujaga is easy, simple and popular stew with using Japanese beef. Since There are various recipes depending on the families. (I put my Nikujaga recipe here.) Since Nikujaga is so common and iconic Japanese home meal, I’ll try with different cooking style! So in this video, I use wheat gluten to make vegan version Nikujaga. Enjoy this video and try it out!
40g Wheat gluten *dry-type
Rice oil, as needed
1 Cup (200ml) Dashi soup stock *Dried Kelp & Shiitake mushrooms
2 Tbsp (30ml) Sugar
2 Tbsp (30ml) Soy sauce
2 Tbsp (30ml) Sake
2 Tbsp (30ml) Mirin
1. Put wheat gluten in a bowl and pour warm water. Wait for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, dehydrate the water and cut into pieces.
2. Cut carrot and potato into bite-size pieces. Cut the onion into wedges.
3. Heat the oil and add vegetables. Then, add wheat gluten and stir.
4. Add the seasonings. Cook until all the sauce covers it.
5. Put the lid and steam for around 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
6. Serve to the dish. Enjoy!
1. Are you looking for Japanese kitchenwares and cooking tools? Please visit our online store!
2. Would you like to cook many more recipes? Download Free recipe app from here! “Recipe by YJC“