Recipe : Tuna Sandwich with Mayo
In this recipe video, I will show you how to make Tuna Sandwich with Mayo. This time, I created a handmade (canned) Tuna and Japanese Mayonnaise to make easy & healthy tuna sandwich. At the end, I cut the Japanese white bread into two different ways. How do you guess the flavor of handmade Tuna and Mayonnaise are like? I hope you enjoy this tutorial and give it a try!
Ingredients (2 servings):
4 slice Japanese white bread
1/2 tsp Soy sauce
Rice oil, as needed
1 stick Kelp
1 Egg yolk
1 tsp Rice vinegar
2 tsp Japanese mustard
Salt & Pepper, as needed
120ml Canola oil
1. Put salt all over the tuna and keep it for minimum 30 minutes.
2. Put tuna in the pot and pour rice oil just to cover the tuna. Add a stick of kelp.
3. Heat the pot with low flame and cook the tuna for around 20 minutes until cooked.
4. Take out from the pot. Move in a bowl and mush it to make tuna flakes.
5. Put egg yolk, salt, white pepper, rice vinegar and mustard in a bowl. Then, mix together.
6. Add the oil little by little and stir them at the same speed.
7. Stir until it becomes heavy and creamy texture.
8. Add mayonnaise, soy sauce in a bowl of Tuna flakes and stir well.
9. Place extra mayonnaise over the white bread.
10. Add Tuna Mayo mixture and then another bread.
11. Cut the sandwich into 2 pieces. Done!
1. Keep cooking tuna with low heat for the softness.
2. Store the tuna in the remaining oil for a few days or use it in another dish.
3. Slowly pour the oil and stir at the same speed to make mayonnaise.
4. Recommend to put chopped lettuce in bread, if you want more veggies.
1. Are you looking for Japanese kitchenwares and cooking tools? Please visit our online store!
2. Would you like to cook many more recipes? Download Free recipe app from here! “Recipe by YJC”