Recipe : Tuna Mayo Onigiri
In this recipe video, I will introduce how to make Tuna Mayo Onigiri. Onigiri is a Japanese rice balls with various fillings inside. This time, I’ll show you one of my favorite, tuna mayo onigiri recipe! I hope this recipe video will help you to make easy, simple and yummy onigiri. Don’t forget to read YUCa’s Tips to know the secrets. Hope you enjoy watching this video and try it out!
Ingredients (4 rice balls):
400g (100gx4) Japanese rice *steamed
1 (70g) Canned tuna
1 Tbsp (15ml) Mayonnaise
1 tsp (5ml) Soy sauce
4 Sheet Nori seaweed
Salt, as needed
Water, as needed
1. Open and take out the excess oil from the canned tuna. Then, put in a bowl.
2. Add mayonnaise and soy sauce. Mix all of them.
3. Prepare cooked rice, water and salt in separate bowls.
4. Wet your palms and put a certain amount of rice on the palm. Then, make a shallow hole in the middle.
5. Put tuna mayo in a hole and add excess rice to cover the tuna mayo.
6. With using both hands, roll and form the onigiri to make triangle shape.
7. Put some salt on the palm, put it on every sides of onigiri and cover with nori seaweed.
1. Take out the excess oil from the canned tuna.
2. Ratio of Mayonnaise and soy sauce is 3 : 1 !
3. Warm the nori seaweed over a fire if it’s humid.
4. Save a little tuna mayo for toppings!
About Onigiri :