Recipe : Sweet Potato
In this recipe video, I will introduce how to make Sweet Potato Cake (called Sweet Potato in Japanese). Sweet potato is a popular sweets you can find at supermarkets and convenience stores etc.
Ingredients (10 pieces):
1 Sweet potato
1 Egg yolk
1 Tbsp (15ml) Fresh cream
1. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into pieces.
2. Put the sweet potatoes in a small saucepan with water and heat over medium heat for 10 minutes.
3. Drain well and mash in a bowl.
4. Add the butter and sugar and mix further.
5. Strain the mixture for a smooth texture.
6. Return the mixture to a small saucepan and add the fresh cream and 3/4 of the egg yolk.
7. Place a piece of aluminum foil on the oven tray, and put the dough rolls into bite-sized pieces.
8. Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 10 minutes. (Alternatively, bake in a toaster oven for 5 minutes.) When the surface is lightly browned, it is ready.
1. Use Japanese sweet potatoes. i.e) Beni-haruka
2. Cook sweet potatoes either in the microwave or in hot water.
3. Once the mixture gets smooth, stop heating it.
1. Are you looking for Japanese kitchenwares and cooking tools? Please visit our online store!
2. Would you like to cook many more recipes? Download Free recipe app from here! “Recipe by YJC“