Recipe : Sweet Potato
In this recipe video, I will introduce how to make Sweet Potato Cake (called Sweet Potato in Japanese). Sweet potato is a popular sweets you can find at supermarkets and convenience stores etc.
Ingredients (10 pieces):
1 Sweet potato
1 Egg yolk
1 Tbsp (15ml) Fresh cream
1. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into pieces.
2. Put the sweet potatoes in a small saucepan with water and heat over medium heat for 10 minutes.
3. Drain well and mash in a bowl.
4. Add the butter and sugar and mix further.
5. Strain the mixture for a smooth texture.
6. Return the mixture to a small saucepan and add the fresh cream and 3/4 of the egg yolk.
7. Place a piece of aluminum foil on the oven tray, and put the dough rolls into bite-sized pieces.
8. Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 10 minutes. (Alternatively, bake in a toaster oven for 5 minutes.) When the surface is lightly browned, it is ready.
1. Use Japanese sweet potatoes. i.e) Beni-haruka
2. Cook sweet potatoes either in the microwave or in hot water.
3. Once the mixture gets smooth, stop heating it.