Recipe : Soba Tsuyu (Men-tsuyu)
Men-tsuyu (Soup for noodles) is an all-purpose soup stock seasoned with soy sauce, mirin (sweet cooking sake), and sake. It can be used not only for udon and soba noodles, but also for stewed dishes.
Ingredients (2 servings):
300ml Dashi soup stock
5 Tbsp (75ml) Soy sauce
5 Tbsp (75ml) Mirin
1 Tbsp (15ml) Sugar
1 tsp (5ml) Sake
Handful of Bonito flakes
1. Mix all the ingredients in a pot.
2. Warm the pot until it starts to simmer.
3. Add a handful of bonito flakes and bring to a boil.
4. Turn off the heat just after boiling.
5. Strain the soup. Done!
1. Are you looking for Japanese kitchenwares and cooking tools? Please visit our online store!
2. Would you like to cook many more recipes? Download Free recipe app from here! “Recipe by YJC“