Recipe : Seasoned Egg
Ajitama (味玉) is one of the most important toppings for ramen. The longer it is soaked in the marinade, the more flavor it will be added. The half-boiled egg is also a key flavor enhancer. There are a variety of recipes available, but this time I will introduce ajitama, which can be made with only four ingredients.
Ingredients (3 servings):
3 Tbsp (45ml) Soy sauce
3 Tbsp (45ml) Mirin
3 Tbsp (45ml) Sake
1. Prepare a pot and bring a water to boil.
2. Put the eggs in a pot and boil them for 6 minutes and 50 seconds.
3. Make a marinade sauce : Prepare a plastic bag. Pour soy sauce, mirin and sake.
4. Take out the eggs from a pot and quickly put in a bowl with plenty of cold water and ice cubes. Wait for a while.
5. Peel the shell of the eggs and put them in a plastic bag to marinade. Move to the fridge and marinate over night.