Recipe : Tsukuda-ni (Seasoned Kelp)
Some of you might noticed but I hold Japanese cooking class in Tokyo. Many of my guests asked me about the leftover kelp after making Dashi soup stock/broth. I use leftover kelp and also bonito flakes to make other dishes. This time, I will show you one of the easy recipes that you can cook for your family. In this video, I will introduce how to make the Seasoned Kelp. My son (2 years old) will join this video with me. I am sure that just watching what he does while cooking is funny…
Please enjoy the video and try it out!
Ingredients (About 100g):
100g Kelp *Leftover from Dashi soup stock
3 Tbsp (45ml) Soy sauce
2 Tbsp (30ml) Sugar
1 Tbsp (15ml) Rice vinegar
1 Tbsp (15ml) Mirin
Bonito flakes *Leftover from Dashi soup stock
1. Cut leftover Kelp into square shape bite-size pieces.
2. Put Kelp and pour water into a pan.
3. Add all the ingredients in a pan and simmer with medium to low heat. (About 20 minutes)
*If you like, add leftover bonito flakes as well.
4. Lightly mix and simmer them until all the liquid absorbed and evaporated.
1. Are you looking for Japanese kitchenwares and cooking tools? Please visit our online store!
2. Would you like to cook many more recipes? Download Free recipe app from here! “Recipe by YJC“