Recipe : Napolitan (Ketchup-based Spaghetti)
In this recipe video, I will introduce how to make Napolitan (Ketchup-based Japanese Spaghetti). This is really simple pasta dish with using ketchup and parmesan cheese. It’s popular Yoshoku (Western influenced Japanese food) menu.
Ingredients (2 servings):
1 Green pepper
2 White mushroom
Canola oil, as needed
3 Tbsp Ketchup
1 Tbsp Sugar
2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
1. Cut green pepper, onion, white mushroom, and bacon into bite-sized pieces.
2. Bring a small pot of water to a boil, fold the pasta in half, and cook until al dente. When pasta is done boiling, remove it from the pot and set aside.
3. Place a frying pan over medium heat and add canola oil.
4. Add the bacon and onions and stir-fry until browned. Then, add the green pepper and white mushrooms and stir-fry lightly.
5. Add the boiled pasta, the ketchup and other seasonings and mix well to coat the pasta.
6. Serve on a plate and sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if needed.
1. For children, cook the pasta softly and cut it.
2. Add Parmesan cheese to soften the acidity of the ketchup.
3. If you like it spicy, combine with jalapeño sauce.