Recipe : Japanese-style Hamburg Steak
In this recipe video, I will introduce how to make Japanese-style Hamburg Steak and also Ponzu. For topping, I put shiso (Japanese basil), grated daikon radish and long onion. At the end, pour the ponzu at the end. In my family recipe, I use shiitake mushroom and its soup. Please enjoy this recipe video and try it out!
2/3 lb (300g) Ground beef and pork
1 Shiitake mushroom
1/2 Cup Panko
Salt & Pepper
1 Tbsp (15ml) Canola oil
1/5 Cup (50ml) Shiitake soup
50ml Soy sauce
25ml Lemon juice
25ml Rice vinegar
1 Bag Dashi (Kelp & Bonito flakes)
3 Tbsp (45ml) Ponzu
2 Tbsp (30ml) Shiitake soup
1 Tbsp (15ml) Sugar
1 Tbsp (15ml) Sake
1 Tbsp (15ml) Mirin
1 Tbsp (15ml) Soy sauce
0.4 oz (10g) Butter
1. (Ponzu sauce) Combine all the ingredients from ponzu recipe list. Keep it aside for a while to set.
2. (Hamburg steak : 1) Put ground meat, chopped onion, chopped shiitake mushroom, salt & pepper, egg, and panko in a bowl. Knead all of them and separate into 4-6 portions to make oval shape balls. Move to the fridge for 30 minutes.
3. (Hamburg steak sauce) Put all the ingredients in a pot from sauce recipe list and heat with medium heat until it starts to boil. Then, move to the container.
4.(Hamburg steak : 2) Drizzle the canola oil in a frying pan. Place all the hamburg and make a shallow dent. Heat the pan with medium high heat until the bottom side of hamburg gets brown color. Then, flip all of them, pour the shiitake mushroom soup and put lid. Wait until all the liquid evaporates.
5. (Topping) Peel the skin of daikon radish and grate it. Chop the long onion.
6. Move the hamburg steak to the dish. Pour the steak sauce a little bit. Then, put shiso and daikon radish. Garnish long onion and pour extra steak sauce as a final touch. Enjoy!