Salad with Mizuna, daikon radish and fried tofu
In my YouTube channel, I’ll introduce how to make a salad with Mizuna, daikon radish and fried tofu. I put dried daikon radish for this recipe. There are so many dried ingredients here in Japan. The merits of dried ingredients are…1.Nutritious (more vitamin!), 2. Preserve for long time, 3.Tasty! I like fresh and raw ingredients a lot but I also eat dried ingredients often. This dried daikon radish is one of my favorites! After rehydrating, it has chunky and crunchy texture and you can even hear your biting sound! For dressings, I chose white balsamic vinegar this time. But please also try other vinegars (i.e. raspberry vinegar, apple cider vinegar etc) to compare the flavors. Enjoy my creative salad and please try it out!!!
Ingredients (2 servings):
50g Dried daikon radish
1 sheet Fried tofu
1 Tbsp (15ml) Olive oil
1 tsp (5ml) Sugar
1 tsp (5ml) White balsamic vinegar
1 tsp (5ml) Dijon mustard
Pink salt, to your taste
Pink pepper, to your taste
1. Pour hot water on the dried daikon radish to dehydrate.
Also, pour hot water on the fried tofu to take out the excess oil.
2. Cut off the stem of the Mizuna. Then, cut into bite size pieces.
3. Put all the ingredients (A) in a bowl to make the dressing.
Mix well until the sugar get dissolved and all the mixture emulsified.
4. Add Mizuna, squeezed fried tofu and dried daikon radish in the bowl.
Lightly mix all of them.
5. Add pink salt and pink pepper. Then, toss all of them. Enjoy!