Miso Soup (Wakame, Tofu and Fu)
Miso soup is an essential part of Japanese cuisine. It is usually made by simmering various ingredients in a base of dashi (Japanese soup stock) and miso (soybean paste). This time, I will make miso soup using my family’s favorite ingredients : wakame seaweed, tofu, and Fu (wheat gluten).
Ingredients (2 servings):
300ml Dashi (10.2 oz)
1/2 block Tofu
1/2 Tbsp Wakame *dried
1 Tbsp Miso
6 piece Fu *dried wheat gluten
1. Cut tofu into bite-size pieces.
2. Put soup stock in a pot over medium heat.
3. Add dried wakame seaweed and fu.
4. When fu expands, add miso and immediately turn off heat.
5. Add tofu and stir gently.
6. Reheat over medium-low heat before serving.
1. Cook all ingredients except tofu before adding miso.
2. Before adding tofu, put miso paste and dissolve.
3. After adding miso, do not bring to a boil.