Hiyashi Chuka (Japanese Cold Ramen)
In this recipe video, I will show you how to make Hiyashi Chuka. This cold ramen is eaten in Summer time here in Japan. Hiyashi Chuka is topped with summer vegetables such as cucumbers and tomatoes, ham or cha-siu (braised pork), and a thinly sliced egg, and served with a sweet and sour sauce.
Ingredients (2 servings):
200g Egg noodles
1 Tbsp Canola oil
3 slice Ham
Beni-shoga, to your taste
Shiitake mushroom tsukudani (*)
(*) Shiitake mushroom Tsukudani
2 Shiitake mushroom *dried
1/4 Cup Dashi
2 tsp Soy sauce
1/2 Tbsp Sake
1/2 Tbsp Mirin
1 Tbsp Sugar
6 Tbsp Rice vinegar
3 Tbsp Soy sauce
2 Tbsp Sesame oil
1 Tbsp Sugar
2 Tbsp White sesame seeds
1. Mix all seasonings to make dressing.
2. Prepare hot water in a pot and boil the egg noodles. Then, drain off the hot water and wash with water.
3. Cut cucumber, ham, tomato, and shiitake mushroom into thin slices.
4. Put the shiitake mushrooms and seasonings into the pot to make tsukudani.
5. Pour oil in a frying pan and wipe off excess oil with kitchen paper.
6. Pour beaten egg and thinly spread. When the edges of the thinly sliced eggs are cooked, flip them over.
7. Remove from the frying pan and do the same with the second piece.
8. Stack two thinly sliced eggs and roll them up, starting from the front. Then cut into small pieces.
9. Place the egg noodles in the center of the plate and put the toppings side by side.
10. Finally, pour the dressing over the top.
1. Thinly slice all ingredients.
2. Slowly cook down shiitake mushroom tsukudani over low heat.