Recipe : Miso Mayo Chicken
When you want a quick, tasty, and hearty meat dish, I recommend this Miso Mayo Chicken. It’s time to let the miso that’s been sitting in the fridge come to life. It is really easy to make! All you have to do is mix miso with mayonnaise, let the chicken soak up the flavor, and cook it in a frying pan.
Ingredients (2 servings):
200g Chicken thigh
200g Chicken breast
Canola oil, as needed *Sunflower oil is also OK!
Miso mayo sauce:
2 Tbsp (30ml) White miso
2 Tbsp (30ml) Brown miso
2 Tbsp (30ml) Dark brown miso
3 Tbsp (45ml) Homemade Japanese Mayonnaise
3 Tbsp (45ml) Premade Japanese Mayonnaise
Shichimi (seven peppers), to your taste
Shredded cabbage & Salad leaves, as needed
1. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces.
2. Put three kinds miso and two kinds Japanese mayonnaise in a bowl and mix well.
3. Divide the miso mayo sauce into two bowls.
4. Add chickens in each bowls. Mix well and marinate for 10 minutes.
5. Heat the frying pan and place all of the chicken thigh. Then, put the lid and slowly cook until the chicken gets brown color. Turn over the chicken and cook through. Take out all the chicken thigh.
6. Quickly wipe off the oil with using kitchen paper.
7. Turn on the heat and drizzle canola oil again. Place the chicken breast in a frying pan. Put the lid and cook same as chicken thigh.
Take out all the chicken breast.8. Enjoy with extra mayonnaise topped with shichimi sauce!
Related Video :
YUCa’s Tips :
1. Combine a few kinds miso and mayonnaise to make a sauce.
2. Start heating the chicken with low heat and put the lid while cooking.
3. After turning off the heat, keep the lid on for a while.
This recipe was first submitted in October 20th, 2020 and resubmitted in February 20th, 2023 to reflect recipe revisions and additional photos.