Recipe : Mayonnaise Dips (マヨディップ)
In this recipe video, I will show you how to make Japanese-style Mayonnaise Dip. To add a Japanese twist, I use wasabi and shichimi (seven peppers). In addition, rock salt and sea salt are used as secret seasonings. Please check the proper use of those salts. Don’t forget to check out my three recommended tips. Enjoy this recipe video and give it a try!
Ingredients (2 kinds):
3/4 Cup(150ml) Mayonnaise*
1 tsp(5ml) Wasabi paste
1 tsp (5ml) Seven peppers
1/2 tsp (2.5ml) Rock salt
White Pepper, to your taste
Fried cod fish:
8 fillet Cod fish
Salt & Pepper, to your taste
Flour, as needed
Panko, as needed
Canola oil, as needed
120ml Canola oil
1 Egg yolk
2 tsp(10ml) Rice vinegar
White pepper, to your taste
1. Combine mayonnaise and shichimi in a bowl. Then, add soy sauce and rock salt and mix well.
2. Combine mayonnaise and wasabi in another bowl. Then, add soy sauce and mix well.
3. Sprinkle sea salt and white pepper all over the cod fish.
4. Pour the oil in a frying pan and start to heat with medium flame.
5. Separately, put beaten egg and panko in a same tray.
6. Sprinkle flour over the cod fish. (*If needed, take out the excess liquid with using kitchen towel beforehand.)
7. Coat the fish with beaten egg and then panko. Then, deep-fry them with 170-180 degrees until golden brown.
8. Take out the cod fish from the frying pan and drip off the excess oil.
9. Enjoy the fried cod fish with two kinds mayonnaise dips!
1. Try homemade Mayonnaise to create natural and comfort flavors.
2. Use rock salt to keep the crunchy texture and add more nutrients.
3. Use these mayonnaise dips for salad dressings as well.