Recipe : Japanese Curry Roux (Updated)
Have you ever tried Japanese curry? Unlike other curries, Japanese curry is a little sweeter and thicker. How about making Japanese curry roux from scratch? This is an updated version with additional seasonings.
Ingredients (4 servings):
25g Canola oil
50g Plain flour
1 Tbsp Onion *grated
1/2 Tbsp Garlic powder
Homemade curry powder (*)
(*) Curry powder :
1/2 Tbsp Turmeric
1/2 Tbsp Coriander
1/4 tsp Cumin
1 pinch Nutmeg
1 pinch Paprika powder
1 pinch White pepper
1 pinch Salt
1 Tbsp Ketchup
1 Tbsp Soy sauce
1 Tbsp Honey
1 pinch Red chili pepper
1 Tbsp Apple paste
1. Heat the butter and canola oil in a pot and melt all of it. Then, add onion and garlic to stir-fry until turning brown color.
2. Add the flour and stir consistently with the low heat.
3. When the mixture becomes dry, turn the heat to medium high and stir it quickly.
*The mixture becomes moisture again.
4. Mix all the seasonings to make homemade curry powder.
5. Once the mixture gets brown color, add the curry powder and stir roughly.
6. Turn the heat to low. Then, add all the ingredients (A) and stir until it all gets together.
1. Are you looking for Japanese kitchenwares and cooking tools? Please visit our online store!
2. Would you like to cook many more recipes? Download Free recipe app from here! “Recipe by YJC“