Japanese BBQ Sauce (Yakiniku no Tare)
In this recipe video, I will show you how to make Japanese BBQ Sauce (Yakiniku no Tare). Japanese BBQ sauce has rich and unique taste from essential Japanese seasonings like soy sauce, sake, mirin and rice vinegar. This is easy and simple recipe so please take a look this tutorial and try it out!
Ingredients (2 servings):
1 Tbsp Sake
2 Tbsp Mirin
3 Tbsp Soy sauce
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 Tbsp Honey
1 tsp Rice vinegar
1 Tbsp Garlic paste
1/2 Tbsp Ginger paste
1 Tbsp Sesame oil
1. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, pour in sake and mirin and skim off the alcohol.
2. Turn the heat to medium, add soy sauce and bring to a boil.
3. Add sugar, honey, and garlic paste, stir gently, and turn off the heat.
4. Add the remaining ingredients and turn to the medium heat again.
5. Heat until bubbles become large and the sauce thickens.
YUCa’s Tips :
1. Allow the alcohol to evaporate before adding the other ingredients.
2. For a sweeter taste, add grated apple.