Grilled Vegetable Curry
In this recipe video, I will introduce how to make Grilled Vegetable Curry. This is a Japanese curry with grilled various vegetables is usually served on top of rice. The harmony of the thick Japanese curry roux and the crispy grilled veggies is exquisite. This time, I use homemade curry roux that I filmed the other day. If you’re interested, by all means, go ahead and make it from scratch.
Ingredients (2 servings):
300g Japanese rice (10.5 oz) *steamed
Salt & pepper
30g Butter (1 oz)
2 cloves Garlic
1 Tbsp Canola oil
400ml Water (13.6 oz)
2 blocks (80g) Curry roux (2.8 oz)
1 tsp Consomme
1 Tbsp Worcester sauce
1. Cut the vegetables into bite size pieces.
2. Heat oil in a grilling pan over medium heat.
3. Grill the vegetables on both sides with adding seasonings.
4. Cut onion, carrot and potato into small pieces. Peel and grate the apple.
5. heat a small saucepan over medium heat and add butter and onion. Stir occasionally until onions are cooked.
6. Reduce heat to low and add minced garlic and canola oil. Stir gently.
7. Reduce heat to medium and add carrots and potatoes. Cook well until tender.
8. Add grated apple and water and bring to a boil over high heat.
9. After removing the scum, turn off the heat. Then add curry roux and dissolve well.
10. Place over medium heat again, add consommé and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil, stir gently and turn off the heat.
11. Place the rice in a bowl and pour the curry over the rice. Finally, top with grilled vegetables.
YUCa’s Tips :
1. Cut veggies with the themes of “photogenic”.
2. Add the oil little by little when adding oil to the vegetables.
3. Also recommend to use BBQ grill or frying-pan.