Recipe : Inarizushi (Inari Sushi)
In this recipe video, I will introduce how to make Inarizushi (Inari Sushi). Inarizushi has a vinegared rice inside of the fried tofu and it’s a vegan dish as well. This is one of my children’s favorite recipe. Aside with this sushi, I also introduce Japanese vegan miso soup.
Inarizushi/Inari Sushi (20 pieces):
10 sheet Abura-age (Fried tofu)
400ml Dashi soup stock *Veggie version
5 Tbsp Sugar
4 Tbsp Soy sauce
3 Tbsp Mirin
2 Tbsp Sake
180ml Japanese rice
2 Tbsp Rice vinegar
1 Tbsp Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
Vegan Miso Soup (2 servings):
300ml Dashi soup stock
1.5 Tbsp Miso
1 Tbsp Dried wakame & veggies
1 Tbsp Kiriboshi Daikon *dried daikon strips
1/2 Block Silken tofu
1. Prepare the hot water and place the fried tofu. Boil them for 5 minutes. Then, drain the hot water.
2. Pour all the ingredients of (A) in a pot and heat it with low flame.
3. Place the Abura-age in a pot and put a fallen-lid directly on the food to be evenly boiled. Simmer until the Abura-age absorbs all the soup. (It usually takes about 20 minutes.)
Turn off the heat and cool it down.
4. Mix rice vinegar, sugar and salt in a small bowl. Dissolve sugar.
5. Pour the mixture over the rice and gently mix it all together.
6. Open each pocket of fried-tofu and stuff about a half full with the rice. Fold its top to close the pocket.
Vegan Miso Soup:
1. Pour dashi soup stock in a pot and heat with medium high.
2. Add miso paste and dissolve it.
3. Add dried wakame and veggies, daikon strips and tofu.
4. Finally, add tofu and lightly stir. Just before boiling, turn off the heat.
1. Use chopsticks to make it easier to open the fried tofu.
2. Draining the fried tofu makes it easier to soak up the flavor.
3. When making sushi rice, mix it gently to include air.