Recipe : Baby Food In Japan (11-12 Months) Vol.3 | Japanese Curry Rice for Kids
In this recipe video, I will introduce how to make one of the Japanese baby foods for 11 to 12 months old baby. From this month, babies can eat almost the same food as kids. I will show you how to make Japanese Curry Rice for babies around 1 year old. Hope you enjoy watching this video and try it out!
Ingredients (4 servings):
3 Tbsp Plain flour
1 Tbsp Canola oil
1 tsp Curry powder
A pinch of Salt
1 tsp Tomato powder
1 tsp Vegetable consomme
1/2 tsp Soy sauce
2 tsp Mango paste
1 tsp Mizu-ame (Starch syrup)
30g (1/8 size) Onion
30g Sweet potato
2 Tbsp Canola oil
1. Place a pot over medium heat, add flour and butter, and mix well.
2. Add the oil and mix well.
3. Add the curry powder and salt.
4. Add the consommé. When it becomes a little dry, turn off the heat.
5. Add the soy sauce, mango paste, and syrup, and mix well using the residual heat.
6. Cut the vegetables into small pieces.
7. Place a pot over medium heat and add oil. Then, sautee the onions and when they are cooked, add the rest of the vegetables and sautee well.
8. Add water, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
9. Turn off the heat, add all the roux, and let it dissolve.
10. Bring to a boil over medium heat again. Done!
YUCa’s Tips :
1. To add sweetness, use fresh fruit paste or jam.
2. If you use tomato, boil them, remove the skin and seeds, and mash them.
3. Cook the vegetables well until they are tender before adding the curry roux.
4. Find a curry powder that you and your family like.
1. Are you looking for baby food making items? Visit our shop!
2. Would you like to cook many more recipes? Download Free recipe app from here! “Recipe by YJC”
3. For more “Japanese Baby Food Ideas”, please check my story section on my private Instagram.