Hiyayakko (Chilled Tofu)
In this recipe video, I will introduce how to make Hiyayakko. Hiyayakko is chilled tofu topped with seasonings and condiments. Depending on the toppings, you can enjoy various flavors of chilled tofu. In this episode, I put shiso, myoga, and dried bonito flakes on top. This is easy & nutritious recipe that is a perfect dish for hot summer time.
Ingredients (For 1 serving):
1 block Silken tofu
1 leaf Shiso
Bonito flakes, to your taste
Soy sauce, as needed
1. Cut the shiso stem and roll it up. Then cut shiso into thin slices.
2. Cut myoga into thin slices.
3. Place tofu in a bowl.
4. Top tofu with shiso, myoga, and dried bonito flakes.
5. Pour soy sauce on top.
YUCa’s Tips :
1. Cut myoga into small pieces as it has a unique flavor.
2. Use thinly sliced or grated ginger instead of Myoga.
3. Firm tofu can be used instead of silken tofu.