Recipe : Goma-shio Onigiri
In this recipe video, I will introduce how to make Goma-shio Onigiri (Black sesame seeds and salt rice balls). Onigiri is a rice ball with various fillings and toppings. This recipe calls for commercial sesame salt, but you can substitute homemade sesame salt by mixing black sesame seeds and salt.
Ingredients (6 rice balls):
600g Japanese rice *steamed
4 Sheet Nori seaweed
Goma-shio, as needed
1. Place the 6 sheets of plastic cellophane on the table.
2. Prepare cooked rice in a bowl and divide the rice into 6 parts with a spatula.
3. Put each rice on the cellophane and make 4 triangle shape and 2 circle shape rice balls.
4. Cut two long sheets of nori seaweed in half.
5. Version 1 : Sprinkle goma-shio on all surface of circle shape rice ball. Then, put the short nori seaweed to sand the rice ball.
6. Version 2 : Sprinkle goma-shio on all surface of the triangle shape rice ball. Then, put the long nori seaweed and wrap the rice ball.
7. Version 3 : Put goma-shio on the side of the triangle shape rice ball. Then, put the short nori seaweed to sand the rice ball.
1. Use plastic cellophane for efficiency and hygiene.
2. If the seaweed is damp, lightly roast it over a fire.
3. Handmade with a mixture of black sesame seeds and salt.
About Onigiri :
Would you like to try this recipe? :
Get the ingredients from YJC’s store on Amazon!