Recipe : Dorayaki
In this video, I will show you how to make Dorayaki. Dorayaki is a Japanese pastry made of bean jam sandwiched between moist pancake batter. The standard size is the palm of your hand, but this time I would like to introduce mini size Dorayaki.
Ingredients(About 10~11 pieces):
2 tsp Starch syrup
70g Plain flour
1/2 tsp Baking soda
2 Tbsp (30ml) Water
1 tsp (5ml) Mirin
1 tsp (5ml) Warm water
Canola oil, as needed
Red bean paste, as needed [Recipe]
1. Put eggs and starch syrup into the bowl and mix well.
2. Put the plain flour in another bowl and add sugar, baking soda, and stir lightly.
3. Pour the egg mixture into the powders and stir well. Then, add water, mirin and warm water, and stir well.
4. Move the dough to the plastic bag. Cut the corner of the bag just a little bit.
5. Heat the pan with medium low heat. Pour the oil and thinly spread, and wipe it off with paper towel.
6. Put the pan on the well squeezed towel and cool down for a while.
7. Place a frying pan over medium heat, pour the dough into the pan. When the bottom turns brown, flip the pancakes and wait another 30 seconds. Take out from the pan. Continue until all the dough is gone.
8. Put red bean paste on a pancake and sand it with other pancake.
YUCa’s Tips :
1. Use both warm water and water to make fluffy dough.
2. Put the well squeezed wet towel under the pan to cool down.
3. Use two spatulas to cook a perfect circular pancake.