Recipe : Egg Sandwich (Deluxe version)
In this recipe video, I will show you how to make Tamago Sando (Japanese Egg Sandwich). In this tutorial, I will introduce the deluxe version Egg Sandwich; Egg Mayo Salad + Soft-boiled Egg combo style. If you are egg lovers, this is the perfect recipe for you! In the end of this video, I’ll introduce my morning routine a little bit. Hope you enjoy this video. Have a great weekend & new week!!!
Ingredients (2 servings):
2 slice Shoku-pan
2 tsp Dijon mustard
Parsley, as needed
3 Tbsp Mayonnaise (*)
1 tsp Ketchup
Salt & Pepper, as needed
(*) Homemade Mayonnaise:
1 Egg yolk
1 tsp (5ml) Japanese mustard
2 tsp (10ml) Rice vinegar
120ml Rice oil *Canola oil is also OK!
Salt & Pepper, to your taste
1. (Homemade Mayonnaise) Put egg yolk, salt, white pepper, rice vinegar and mustard in a bowl.
2. Add the oil little by little and stir until it becomes heavy and creamy texture.
3. (Egg salad) Put eggs in a water and bring to a boil for 11 minutes total.
4. Remove the eggs from a pot and put them in water. Then, peel the egg shell.
5. Put eggs in a bowl and add mayonnaise, salt and white pepper. Then, mix well until it gets small chunks.
6. (Soft-boiled egg) Prepare the boiling water and boil the egg for 6 minutes 50 seconds.
7. Move the egg to the bowl with ice water. Then, peel the egg.
8. Put mustard over the both breads. Then, add the egg salad.
9. In the middle of the bread, put the half-boiled egg horizontally. Put other bread on top.
10. Wrap the sandwich with parchment paper.
11. Slice the bread in half. Done!
1. For soft boiled egg, start from the boiling water and boil for 6 min 50 sec.
2. When making Mayonnaise, pour the canola oil and stir at the same speed.
3. When cutting, be αware of the direction of soft-boiled egg.
4. Cellophane can be used as α substitution for parchment paper.
5. Recommend to add chopped onion or greens in the egg salad.