Recipe : Dry Curry Onigiri
In this recipe video, I will introduce how to make Dry Curry Onigiri. Japanese curry rice is popular food among us and there are various curries here. This dry curry is one of them. After making dry curry, I’ll make two kinds onigiri rice balls; topping version and mix version.
Ingredients (4 rice balls):
1/4 size (10g) Carrot
1 Green pepper
1/4 size (20g) Onion
1 Tbsp Canola oil
100g Ground pork and beef
Curry roux (*)
400g Japanese rice *steamed
1 Tbsp Turmeric
1 Egg *boiled
(*) Curry roux:
1/2 tsp Veggie consomme
1 Tbsp Ketchup
1 Tbsp Curry powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Worcester sauce
1. Cut onions, carrots and green peppers into small pieces.
2. Heat a pan over medium heat, add oil, and sautee the onions.
3. When the onions turn light brown, add the carrots and finally the green pepper.
4. When the vegetables are cooked, add the meat and sautee lightly.
5. Add water, bring the soup to a boil, and scoop out scums.
6. Turn off the heat and add the ingredients for the curry roux.
7. Turn the heat to medium and add salt.
8. When the volume comes to a boil and is reduced to less than half, turn the heat to low.
9. When all the liquid has evaporated, turn off the heat.
10. Add the turmeric to the steamed rice and mix well. Then, divide the rice into four portions.
1. Make a round shaped rice ball and make a shallow indentation in the center.
2. Top with dry curry.
1. Mix turmeric rice and dry curry together to make mixed rice.
2. Make a round rice ball and make a shallow indentation in the center.
3. Put a boiled egg on top and push it in properly.
4. Sprinkle with dried parsley.
1. Chop the veggies into small pieces and sautee with low to medium heat.
2. Add grated apple or apple paste and/or honey to add sweetness.
About Onigiri :