I met some of my cooking class guests who don’t usually eat pork but chicken. In Japan, people tend to eat more pork rather than chicken. Of course, there are so many delicious Japanese foods with using chicken. My family and I like chicken a lot! This is a recipe for chicken lovers like us! Today’s dish “Chicken Nanban” is one of the Japanese home meals. “Nanban” is a type of dish which has been influenced by Portugal or ethnic countries in our history.”Nanban” dishes are usually either fried or used onion and peppers in a sauce. I love this secret sauce! In this recipe, I cut the chicken into bite-size pieces since I have a small child. But normally, we open the chicken with using knife to be thinly. So, it’s your choice. In addition to this fried chicken, we add tartar sauce made with boiled egg, mayonnaise and onion. This tartar sauce goes well with this salty and sweet sauce. So tasty and so special! Please try it out!!
Ingredients (2 servings):
2 Chicken thigh
Flour, as needed
Salt & Pepper, as needed
(A) Sauce for chicken
3 Tbsp (45ml) soy sauce
5 Tbsp (75ml) sugar
4 Tbsp (30ml) sake
(B) Tartar sauce
2 boiled egg
1/4 size Onion
5 Tbsp (75ml) Mayonnaise
1 tsp (5ml) Rice vinegar
pinch of Salt
1. Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Then cover the chicken with flour.
2. Heat the frying oil around 170 degrees. Crack an egg in a bowl. Dip the chicken in a beaten egg, then fry it until a deep golden brown.
3. In another bowl, mix the ingredients in (A). Place the fried chicken in it for a while to marinade.
4. Finely chop the onion and boiled egg. Then, mix well with other ingredients in (B).
5. Place the chicken on a plate and pour the tartar sauce over the chicken. Done!
1. Are you looking for Japanese kitchenwares and cooking tools? Please visit our online store!
2. Would you like to cook many more recipes? Download Free recipe app from here! “Recipe by YJC“