Recipe : Breakfast Ideas | Teriyaki Salmon
In this recipe video, I will introduce the kids meal version Japanese breakfast. In detail, Teriyaki salmon, Sesame salad with cabbage and cucumber, Miso soup with Komatsuna and tofu, and Rice and nori seaweed chips. Of course, you can enjoy those meals even if you are not a kid! (I eat the same set meal with my children.) Please try it out! 😉
Ingredients (2 servings) :
2 fillet Salmon
1 pinch Salt
1 Tbsp Soy sauce
1 Tbsp Mirin
2 Tbsp Canola oil
Sesame salad with cabbage and cucumber:
1/2 size Cucumber
2 Tbsp White sesame
1 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Soy sauce
1 bundle Komatsuna
1/4 size Tofu *silken
1 Cup (200ml) Dashi soup stock
1 Tbsp Miso
Rice and nori chips:
200g Japanese rice *steamed
2 sheet Nori seaweed
1. Put salt over the salmon and wait for 5 minutes.
2. Take out the excess liquid from the salmon with using kitchen paper.
3. Put salmon in a container and add soy sauce and mirin to season the fish. Wait for another 30 minutes.
4. Heat the frying pan with medium heat and pour canola oil.
6. Add salmon fillet and sautee with lid on.
7. When the bottom side gets brown color, flip them.
8. Pour the leftover sauce in the pan.
9. Sautee another few minutes. Done!
Sesame salad (Goma-ae):
1. Cut cabbage and cucumber into bite-size pieces. Steam them until soft.
2. Grind the roasted white sesame until powder.
3. Squeeze the veggies well and put in a bowl. Add the sesame powder, soy sauce and sugar. Then, gently mix all of them. Done!
1. Warm the dashi soup stock in a pot.
2. Add bite-sized tofu and komatsuna and boil them.
3. Add miso paste and dissolve it. Done!
Rcie and nori chips:
1. Place the seaweed on the table and spread the rice thinly to half.
2. Fold the seaweed in half and make it thin.
3. Cut with scissors to make a bite size. Done!
1. Remove salmon bones when giving to children.
2. Try various veggies to make sesame salad.
3. Always cut ingredients into bite-size pieces for children.
4. Enjoy making baby & kids meals “for” yourself!