Baby Food In Japan (5-6 Months) Vol.3
In this recipe video, I will introduce how to make Japanese baby food (vol.3). This time, I will introduce how to make baby food with using tofu and fish. (Let’s say protein recipes for baby!) As for fish, I use cod fish and shirasu. Shirasu is the generic name for juvenile sardines, sand lances, and herring. These are eaten in a variety of ways in Japan, such as boiled, dried, and raw with soy sauce. I also use somen noodles this time. Somen is thinner noodle than Udon and it’s easy to cook and eat. I hope you enjoy watching this video and try it out!
Ingredients (3 meals) :
3 pieces Broccoli
1/3 size Carrot
1/4 block Tofu
3 Tbsp Shirasu
1/2 fillet Cod fish
40 sticks Somen noodles
Hot water, as needed
1. Cut the broccoli and carrot. Microwave them for 2 minutes to soften. Then, grind each of them with adding hot water to make a paste. Move to the container.
2. Cut the tofu into small pieces and lightly boil and strain. Move to the container.
3. Boil shirasu and then cod fish. Grind each of them with adding hot water to make a paste. Move to the container.
4. Break the somen noodles in half and boil them for 10 minutes. Take out the somen and grind with hot water to make a paste.
5. (Meal A) Put somen in a dish. Draw fish shape with using shirasu paste.
6. (Meal B) Mix tofu and cod fish in a container and mix. Draw carrot shape with using carrot paste and and broccoli paste.
7. (Meal C) Put Tofu and broccoli in a container and mix. Draw smile face with using carrot paste.
1. Are you looking for Japanese kitchenwares and cooking tools etc? Visit our shop!
2. Would you like to cook many more recipes? Download Free recipe app from here! “Recipe by YJC”
3. For more baby food & kids meal ideas, please check my story section on my private Instagram.