Recipe : Cheese Chicken Gyoza
Pork is often used for dumplings, but let’s get creative with chicken for these dumplings! This recipe calls for gluten-free dumpling skins, but of course you can use regular dumpling skins as well. These dumplings with chicken and cheese make them easy for children to eat.
Ingredients (About 15 pieces):
15 sheet Gyoza pastry *gluten-free [Recipe]
1/8 size (50g) Cabbage
100g Ground chicken
1/4 tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Potato starch, as needed
1/2 Cup (100ml) Water, as needed
1 Tbsp Canola oil
1. Cut the Chinese cabbage into small pieces and move to the bowl. Add a pinch salt, lightly mix and keep aside for a while. Then, squeeze and take out the juice later.
2. Add ground chicken and cheese to the bowl and mix well.
3. Place the filling on the dumpling skin and apply the edge half of the skin with water. Then, close the dumpling skin, making folds. Continue wrapping until all the fillings are gone.
4. Place the gyoza in the frying pan. Then, dust with potato starch and pour water until the bottom of the pan is covered. Drizzle the canola oil.
5. Place over medium heat, cover with the lid and cook until the bottom gets brown. (About 10 minutes)
6. Serve on a plate.
Related Video :
YUCa’s Tips :
1. In addition to cabbage, try the broccoli and carrots.
2. Enjoy other mayonnaise-based dipping sauces!
3. When cooking gyoza, control the temperature and the amount of water.
Note : This recipe was first submitted in Nov 26, 2022 and resubmitted in May 19, 2023 to reflect recipe revisions and additional photos.