Festive red rice with sweet potato
Ingredients (4 servings)
1/8 Cup Red beans
1.5 cup (270cc) Mochigome *Sticky rice
1/2 medium size Sweet potato
40ml Red beans broth
Salt and black sesame seeds
1. Wash red beans by hand.
*If you have time, soak them in water for a few hours.
2. Put the red beans in a pot, add water enough to cover the beans, and cook over a strong fire. When boiled, add water and cook for about 5 minutes. Then, drain water.
3. Again put the red beans in a pot, pour plenty of water and cover it. Cook low to medium heat about 20 minutes. When cooked, separate the beans from the broth.
*Don’t throw away the broth!
4. Wash mochigome (sticky rice) and drain water.
5. Put mochigome, beans, sweet potato (peeled and cut into bite-size pieces), the beans’ broth and water (about 375ml all together) and a pinch of salt into the rice cooker. Softly mix them, and then cook them with the rice cooker.
6. When cooked, add black sesame seeds on top of the dish to complete.
Are you looking for Japanese kitchenwares and cooking tools? Please visit our online store!