Taimeshi | Red sea bream and rice
In this video, I’ll introduce how to make Taimeshi. Taimeshi is a rice dish with red sea bream and this is a local cuisine from Ehime prefecture. The other day, my family hold a first meal ceremony called “Okuizome” for our daughter. In this event, I made grilled sea bream dish for her and found another sea bream in a bag! So, I decided to make this dish since it’s easy, simple and yummy! Enjoy Taimeshi recipe video and please try it out!!!
Ingredients (4 servings):
1 Snapper *Red Sea bream
1.5 Cup (300ml) Japanese rice
1 Cup (200ml) Dashi *soup stock
1/2 Cup (100ml) Water
1 Tbsp (15ml) Sake
1/2 Tbsp (7.5ml) Soy sauce
1 pinch Salt
1 piece of Kelp *about 2cm x 2cm
1 piece of Ginger
1. Put a pinch of salt on each sides of fish. Then, pour sake on both sides.
2. Wash rice for 2 times in a pot. Add sake, soy sauce, salt, dashi soup stock and water.
3. Dry the fish with paper towel and put it on the rice.
4. Turn on the heat with high heat. When it start to boil, turn to low heat and steam for 10 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat and leave for another 10 minutes.
6. Peel the ginger skin and thinly slice to make ginger needles.
7. Take out the whole fish from a pot and separate flesh from the bone.
8. Put the flesh back on the rice and mix all together with using spatula. Then, serve on a rice bowl topped with ginger needles.