Recipe : Salmon Onigiri
In this recipe video, I will show you how to make Salmon Onigiri (Japanese Rice Balls). Salmon Onigiri is one of the popular Onigiri in Japan. To make it home-style, I will introduce 3 different ways and shapes to enjoy Salmon Onigiri. Additionally, I’ll also decorate some onigiri in my bento box. Hope you like it!
Ingredients (3 Kinds) :
Salmon block & Salmon flake:
200g Japanese rice *steamed
2 Salmon fillet
White sesame seeds, as needed
Canola oil, as needed
Salt, as needed
4 sheets Nori seaweed
1 Egg yolk
1 tsp (5ml) Mustard
2 tsp (10ml) Rice vinegar
120ml Canola oil
Salt & Pepper, to your taste
100g Japanese rice *steamed
1 Salmon fillet
2 Tbsp Homemade Mayonnaise
1/4 tsp Soy sauce
Salt, as needed
2 sheets Nori seaweed
Salmon chunks & Salmon flakes:
1. Wrap the 2 salmon fillets with aluminum and heat with medium flame until almost cooked. Then, flip and cook until brown color.
2. Take several chunks out of one cooked salmon.
3. Remove the bones and skin from the other salmon and break into small pieces to make flakes.
4. Prepare cooked rice, water, salt, white sesame and nori seaweed before shaping onigiri.
5. (Salmon chunks onigiri)Wet your palms and put a certain amount of rice on the palm. Then, make a shallow hole in the middle and put some salmon chunks in it.
6. Add more rice to cover the salmon chunks. Roll and form the onigiri to make triangle shape.
7. Put some salt on the palm, put it on every sides of onigiri and cover with nori seaweed.
8. (Salmon flakes onigiri) Put Japanese rice and salmon flakes in a bowl and mix well.
9. Wet your palms and put a certain amount of rice on the palm. Form the onigiri to make oval shape.
10. Roll the nori seaweed over the onigiri.
1. Put egg yolk, salt, white pepper, rice vinegar and mustard in a bowl.
2. Add the oil little by little and stir them at the same speed.
3. Stir until it becomes heavy and creamy texture.
1. Wrap a salmon fillet with aluminum and heat with medium flame until almost cooked. Then, flip and cook until brown color.
2. Remove the bones and skin from the other salmon and break into small pieces to make flakes.
3. Add mayonnaise and soy sauce. Mix all of them.
4. Prepare cooked rice, water, salt and nori seaweed before shaping onigiri.
5. Wet your palms and put a certain amount of rice on the palm. Then, make a shallow hole in the middle.
6. Put salmon mayo in a hole and half cover with the nori seaweed.
3 kinds Salmon Onigiri
Salmon Onigiri Bento
1. Prepare the salted salmon in advance with 8% salt by weight.
2. Take out the fish bones after grilling.
3. Stir the ingredients with same speed when making mayonnaise.
About Onigiri :
1. Are you looking for Japanese kitchenwares and cooking tools? Please visit our online store!
2. Would you like to cook many more recipes? Download Free recipe app from here! “Recipe by YJC“