Recipe : Salmon Mayo Onigiri
Salmon onigiri is a classic rice ball that can always be found in Japanese convenience stores and supermarkets. This recipe is an arranged version of onigiri with mayonnaise and salmon flakes dressed together. If you like mayonnaise, this is a must try!
Ingredients (4 servings) :
200g Japanese rice *steamed
2 Salmon fillet
White sesame seeds, as needed
Canola oil, as needed
Salt, as needed
4 sheets Nori seaweed
1 Egg yolk
1 tsp (5ml) Mustard
2 tsp (10ml) Rice vinegar
120ml Canola oil
Salt & Pepper, to your taste
1. Put egg yolk, salt, white pepper, rice vinegar and mustard in a bowl.
2. Add the oil little by little and stir them at the same speed.
3. Stir until it becomes heavy and creamy texture.
4. Wrap a salmon fillet with aluminum and heat with medium flame until almost cooked. Then, flip and cook until brown color.
5. Remove the bones and skin from the other salmon and break into small pieces to make flakes.
6. Add mayonnaise and soy sauce. Mix all of them.
7. Prepare cooked rice, water, salt and nori seaweed before shaping onigiri.
8. Wet your palms and put a certain amount of rice on the palm. Then, make a shallow hole in the middle.
9. Put salmon mayo in a hole and half cover with the nori seaweed.
1. Prepare the salted salmon in advance with 8% salt by weight.
2. Take out the fish bones after grilling.
3. Stir the ingredients with same speed when making mayonnaise.
About Onigiri :