Recipe : Miso Butter Salmon
In this recipe video, I will show you how to make Miso Butter Salmon. This is a local food called “Chan-chan-yaki” in Hokkaido, Japan. With this dish as a main, I also introduce Japanese breakfast set meal ideas.
Ingredients (2 servings) :
2 fillet Salmon
Salt & pepper, to your taste
1 Tbsp Butter
1/2 pack Enoki mushroom
2 piece Shiitake mushroom
1/2 pack Shimeji mushroom
1 piece Green pepper
1/6 size Cabbage
1/4 size Carrot
2 Tbsp Canola oil
1 Tbsp Brown Miso
1 Tbsp White Miso
1/2 Tbsp Sugar
1/2 Tbsp Sake
1/2 Tbsp Mirin
1 Tbsp Japanese Mayonnaise
Shichimi *seven spices
1. Put salt and pepper over the salmon and wait for 5 minutes. Wipe off the surface with using kitchen paper.
2. Peel and cut the veggies and mushrooms into bite size pieces.
3. Combine and mix all the ingredients to make miso sauce.
4. Heat the frying pan with medium heat. Add butter and wait until it gets melted.
5. Put salmon with skin side down. Then, add potato.
6. Grill the salmon until both sizes get brown color.
7. Take out the salmon and keep aside.
8. Pour canola oil and add rest of the veggies and mushrooms. Lightly mix.
9. Put lid and wait for 3 minutes.
10. Pour the half of the sauce and mix all together.
11. Place grilled salmon over the veggies and mushrooms. Then, pour rest of the miso sauce.
1. Use unsalted salmon to enjoy the natural flavors from each ingredients.
2. To make salmon fluffy texture, put the lid and steam for a while.
3. To add more flavor, coat the salmon with mayonnaise before stir-fry.
4. Pour the canola oil before stir-fry the veggies.
5. Try various types of miso to create your favorite miso butter sauce!