Hiyayakko (Chilled tofu) : vol.3
Hiyayakko (冷奴) is chilled tofu topped with seasonings and condiments. Depending on the toppings, you can enjoy various flavors of chilled tofu. In this episode, I put Japanese basil, cherry tomato and white sesame seeds. Then, pour the ponzu sauce.
Ingredients (For 1 serving):
1 block Silken tofu
3 leaves Shiso *Japanese basil
2 pieces Cherry tomato
2 Tbsp Ponzu sauce
White sesame seeds, as needed
1. Cut the shiso stem and roll it up. Then, cut shiso into thin slices.
2. Cut cherry tomato into small pieces.
3. Place tofu in a bowl.
4. Top tofu with shiso, cherry tomato and white sesame seeds.
5. Pour the ponzu sauce on top.
Related video :
YUCa’s Tips :
1. Enjoy different textures depending on the size of the tomatoes!
2. Boil the tomatoes and remove the skin.
3. Instead of ponzu, use olive oil, soy sauce, and citrus juice.
Are you interested in Japanese cooking? Visit our shop!