Japanese Curry Rice
Ingredients (4 to 6 servings):
2 Cup Japanese rice
150g Japanese beef *Either Block or sliced
*Other meats (Chicken or pork) are also OK!
4 Potato *Medium size
Pinch of Salt
Pepper, to your taste
1 tsp (5ml) Curry powder
Homemade Japanese curry roux *Curry roux recipe is here!
1 Tbsp (15ml) salad oil
1. Cut the beef into bite-size pieces. Sprinkle (A) on it and knead it into the meat.
2. Cut the potato and carrot into bite-size pieces, and the onion into wedges.
3. Heat the oil in a pot and stir-fry the beef. When the beef changes color, add the potatoes, onions and carrots, then stir-fry.
4. When the oil is dispersed, pour water in a pot. Once it boils, take out the scum.
5. Add a roughly cut homemade curry roux and stir well. Simmer it for 20 minutes until the curry thickens. Scoop the curry on top of rice.
Are you looking for Japanese kitchenwares and cooking tools? Please visit our online store!