Japanese Curry Rice
Ingredients (4 to 6 servings):
2 Cup Japanese rice
150g Japanese beef *Either Block or sliced
*Other meats (Chicken or pork) are also OK!
4 Potato *Medium size
Pinch of Salt
Pepper, to your taste
1 tsp (5ml) Curry powder
Homemade Japanese curry roux *Curry roux recipe is here!
1 Tbsp (15ml) salad oil
1. Cut the beef into bite-size pieces. Sprinkle (A) on it and knead it into the meat.
2. Cut the potato and carrot into bite-size pieces, and the onion into wedges.
3. Heat the oil in a pot and stir-fry the beef. When the beef changes color, add the potatoes, onions and carrots, then stir-fry.
4. When the oil is dispersed, pour water in a pot. Once it boils, take out the scum.
5. Add a roughly cut homemade curry roux and stir well. Simmer it for 20 minutes until the curry thickens. Scoop the curry on top of rice.