Baby Food In Japan (9-12 Months) : Pumpkin Soup
In this recipe video, I will introduce how to make Japanese baby foods for 9 to 12 months old. This time, I introduce pumpkin soup, which babies and parents can share. For adult (parents) version, add olive oil and pink salt to be more flavorful.
Ingredients (2 servings) :
100g Pumpkin *frozen
1/8 size (30g) Onion
Salt, to your taste
2 Bread crust
1. Cut the onion into thin slices. Scrape the skin off the pumpkin.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the onions and enough water to cover the onions (not including the water) and sautee until the water evaporates.
3. Add pumpkin and water. Cook over high heat until the water is reduced by half.
4. Turn off the heat, add the milk, and stir in a blender. Then bring to medium heat again. Add salt to taste.
5. Cut the bread ears into small pieces.
6. Place a frying pan over medium heat and roast until they start to brown.
7. Pour the soup into a bowl and sprinkle with croutons.
YUCa’s Tips :
1. Use the water to sautee the onion to reduce calories.
2. Add the milk later when the water reduced half.