Japanese Vegetable Curry
In this recipe video, I’ll introduce how to make Japanese Vegetable Curry. We will make homemade Japanese curry roux from scratch.
Ingredients (2 servings):
30g Butter (1 oz)
2 cloves Garlic
1 Tbsp Canola oil
400ml Water (13.6 oz)
2 blocks (80g) Curry roux (2.8 oz)
1 tsp Consomme
1 Tbsp Worcester sauce
1. Cut the onion, carrot and potato into small sizes. Peel the apple and grate it.
2. Place a small saucepan over medium heat and add the butter and onions. Stir occasionally until the onions are cooked.
3. Reduce the heat to low and add the minced garlic and canola oil. Stir lightly.
4. Turn the heat to medium and add the carrots and potatoes. Simmer very well until tender.
5. Add the scraped apples and water, turn the heat to high and bring to a boil.
6. After removing the scum, turn off the heat. Then, add the curry roux and dissolve well.
7. Place over medium heat again, add the consommé and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil and stir lightly, then turn off the heat.
YUCa’s Tips :
1. If you want to add spiciness, add red pepper and soy sauce.
2. Simmer the vegetables very well.
3. Recommend to top it with some grilled veggies.
1. Are you looking for baby food making items? Visit our shop!
2. Would you like to cook many more recipes? Download Free recipe app from here! “Recipe by YJC”
3. For more “Japanese Baby Food Ideas”, please check my story section on my private Instagram.