Hiyayakko (Chilled Tofu) : vol.2
In this recipe video, I will introduce how to make Hiyayakko. Hiyayakko is chilled tofu topped with seasonings and condiments. Depending on the toppings, you can enjoy various flavors of chilled tofu. In this episode, I put Japanese spring onion, ginger poured with soy sauce and sesame oil.
Ingredients (For 1 serving):
1 block Silken tofu
1/3 Spring onion
1 piece Ginger
1 Tbsp Sesame oil
2 tsp Soy sauce
1. Cut the shiso stem and roll it up. Then, cut shiso into thin slices.
2. Cut myoga into thin slices.
3. Place tofu in a bowl.
4. Top tofu with shiso, myoga, and dried bonito flakes.
5. Pour soy sauce on top.
YUCa’s Tips :
1. Chop the spring onion into small pieces.
2. Grate the ginger very well to blend with the silken tofu.
1. Are you interested in Japanese cooking? Visit our shop!
2. Would you like to cook many more recipes? Download Free recipe app from here! “Recipe by YJC”