Hiyayakko (Chilled Tofu) : vol.2
In this recipe video, I will introduce how to make Hiyayakko. Hiyayakko is chilled tofu topped with seasonings and condiments. Depending on the toppings, you can enjoy various flavors of chilled tofu. In this episode, I put Japanese spring onion, ginger poured with soy sauce and sesame oil.
Ingredients (For 1 serving):
1 block Silken tofu
1/3 Spring onion
1 piece Ginger
1 Tbsp Sesame oil
2 tsp Soy sauce
1. Cut the shiso stem and roll it up. Then, cut shiso into thin slices.
2. Cut myoga into thin slices.
3. Place tofu in a bowl.
4. Top tofu with shiso, myoga, and dried bonito flakes.
5. Pour soy sauce on top.
YUCa’s Tips :
1. Chop the spring onion into small pieces.
2. Grate the ginger very well to blend with the silken tofu.