Recipe : Brown Sugar Steamed Bun & Egg Bolo
In this recipe video, I will show you how to make Kids Friendly Japanese snacks. It’s easy to buy sweets and snacks at store, but I believe that making them at home is healthy and satisfying. I often make easy and simple snacks with my son on weekdays after kindergarten or weekends. This time, I will introduce 2 snack recipes; Brown Sugar Steamed Bun and 3 flavors Egg Bolo. To know more about these recipes, please watch this video tutorial. Please try these recipes and tell me how it was!
Ingredients (2 kinds) :
Brown Sugar Steamed Bun:
60g Brown sugar
100g Plain flour
5g Baking powder
1.5 Tbsp Canola oil
1 pinch Salt
1 Egg yolk
80g Potato starch
1 tsp Milk
1 Tbsp Cacao powder
1 Tbsp Matcha powder
Brown Sugar Steamed Bun:
1. Put brown sugar in a small bowl and pour half the amount of milk.
2. Heat it in the microwave for 2 minutes. Then, stir it to make a smooth paste.
3. Add the other half of the milk and lightly mix.
4. Add egg, salad oil and salt. Then, mix well.
5. Put the plain flour in another bowl and add baking powder. Lightly stir.
6. Pour the dough into a bowl in 3 portions and mix each time.
7. Prepare the heat-resistance container and put parchment papers in it.
8. Pour the dough up to 80% height in the cup.
9. Place the containers in a steamer, put the lid, and move it in a pot of boiling water and steam for 12 minutes.
10. Take out the lid. Done!
1. Put sugar and egg yolk in a bowl, and mix well.
2. Add potato starch into several times until the dough gets together.
3. Prepare the oven tray and put parchment paper.
4. Divide the dough into 3 portions.
5. (Plain flavor) Roll the dough into small balls and place them side by side on the paper.
6. (Cacao flavor) Put cacao powder and mix with plain dough. Roll the dough into small balls and place them side by side on the paper.
7. (Matcha flavor) Put matcha powder and mix with plain dough. Roll the dough into small balls and place them side by side on the paper.
8. Put the tray in the oven and bake them for 15 minutes with 170 degrees.
1. Use the microwave to make granulated type brown sugar.
2. Put the parchment paper in a pottery cup to make perfect round shape.
1. Are you looking for Japanese kitchenwares and cooking tools? Please visit our online store!
2. Would you like to cook many more recipes? Download Free recipe app from here! “Recipe by YJC”
3. For more baby food & kids meal ideas, please check my story section on my private Instagram.