Red bean paste (Anko)
Ingredients (2 cups):
200g Red beans *Dainagon, if possible
Pinch of Salt
1. Wash the red bean paste roughly in a bowl.
2. Drain (1), put it in a pot and pour water just to cover the beans. Start to heat the pot with medium heat. Boil for another 10 minutes and drain.
3. Again put the beans in a pot and pour water to cover the beans. Start to heat the pot with medium heat. After boiling, turn to the low heat and keep adding water to cover the beans for almost one hour. Drain beans with using a strainer.* Please check if you can easily push the bean with your finger.
4. Wash the pot, put beans and sugar and start to heat with low flame. Stir them with using wooden spatula. * Please be careful not to burn the beans and sugar.
5. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and turn off the heat.
* Red bean paste becomes hard(firm) once it cools down. So, please turn off the heat when red bean paste becomes a bit soft.