Soy sauce based Ramen
1 Tbsp (15ml) Vegetable oil
250g Pork loin
½ Spring onion *Green part
¼ cup (50ml) Soy sauce
2 Tbsp (30ml) Sake
1 Tbsp (15ml) Ginger paste
½ Tbsp (15ml) Sugar
5 cup (1L) Dashi soup stock
2 Tbsp (30ml) Granulated Chicken stock
¼ cup (50ml) Simmered pork stock
2 Tbsp (30ml) Soy sauce
Salt, to your taste
300g thin Egg noodles *uncooked
Spring onion, to your taste *chopped
Menma bamboo shoots, to your taste
Black pepper, to your taste
1. Make the simmered pork, boiled eggs and pork stock: Heat the oil in a pan to a medium heat, then add the pork and seal evenly on all sides. Wipe off excess oil from the pan.
2. Add the spring onion, soy sauce, sake, ginger paste and sugar. Pour water to cover the pork and increase the heat. Once it comes to the boil, turn the heat down to medium heat, remove any scum from the surface and simmer for 40 minutes.
*During this time, turn the pork several times and keep removing any scum.
3. When the water has reduced by half, add the eggs with the pork. Turn them over several times to ensure an even color.
4. When the water has reduced to around quarter cup (50ml), turn off the heat and leave to cool.
5. Make the soup: Pour Dashi soup stock, chicken stock, pork stock, soy sauce and salt in a pot and bring to a boil. Then, turn to the low heat.
6. Prepare the noodle: Prepare another pot and bring water to the boil. Add the noodles. Cook and then drain.
7. Divide the noodles between two large warmed bowls and ladle in the soup. Sprinkle some chopped onion on top along with menma, some sliced pork and eggs.
Noodle strainer, Ramen bowl
(Not a must) Noodle maker, Nori seaweed case, Miso muddler, Egg piercer
1. Are you looking for Japanese kitchenwares and cooking tools? Please visit our online store!
2. Would you like to cook many more recipes? Download Free recipe app from here! “Recipe by YJC“