Inari-zusih (Inari Sushi)
Ingredients (6 pieces):
Vinegared rice cooked with 75g Japanese rice
1 Tbsp Rice vinegar
½ Tbsp Sugar
Pinch of Salt
3 Slices Abura-age(Fried tofu)
100ml Soup stock
2 Tbsp Sugar
2 Tbsp Mirin
1 Tbsp Soy sauce
Options for Vinegared rice:
1 Tbsp White sesame seed
½ Yuzu peel
1. Remove the oil from the Abura-age by pouring hot water over it. Then, cut them in half.
2. Pour all the ingredients of (A) in a pot and heat it with low flame.
Place the Abura-age in a pot and put a fallen-lid directly on the food to be evenly boiled.
Simmer until the Abura-age absorbs all the soup. (It usually takes about 20 minutes.)
Turn off the heat and cool it down.
3. Mix rice vinegar, sugar and salt in a small bowl.
4. Pour the sauce over the rice and gently mix it all together.
5. Open each pocket of Abura-age and stuff about a half full with the rice.
Fold its top to close the pocket.
Are you looking for Japanese kitchenwares and cooking tools? Please visit our online store!