Ingredients (4 servings):
400g Thinly sliced beef loin
1 bag Shirataki *Konnyaku noodles
1 block Grilled tofu
1 Long onion
1/4 Chinese cabbage
1 bag Enoki mushrooms *Shiitake is also OK!
1 bag Chrysanthemum stalk
300ml Dashi soup stock
250ml Soy sauce
1. To prepare the Sukiyaki broth, mix all the ingredients (A) in a small pot and bring to a boil.
When it starts boiling, turn off the heat and keep it aside.
2. Put shirataki in a bowl, pour the boiling water and drain for 2 minutes and then cut it into 4 equal portions.
3. Cut the grilled tofu into 8 pieces, long onion at an angle.
Cut roughly Chinese cabbage and cut off the tips of both chrysanthemum stalk and enoki mushrooms.
Arrange all the vegetables on a serving basket or plate.
4. Heat sukiyaki pot well. Then, spread the beef tallow (or vegetable oil) on a pot and lightly cook the beef.
5. Add the long onions and also pour the broth about 1 cm/0.5 inch deep.
Then, add the shirataki, enoki mushrooms, grilled tofu, Chinese cabbage and chrysanthemum stalk
as for your preference. Allow the ingredients to cook in a broth.
6. Break and beat an egg in each serving bowl to make dipping sauce. Enjoy!
When the broth reduces while eating, refill the remaining broth and keep it 1cm/0.5 inch deep.
Are you looking for Japanese kitchenwares and cooking tools? Please visit our online store!